Counter Corruption Role
Legislation and Monitoring
• The ESCD in its preventive and correctional role shall ensure proper governess in the public sector, as well as in the financial markets, commodities markets, free zones and stock exchange of Dubai, as follows:
- Trail and monitor suspected transgressions and financial offences.
- Monitor commercial trading of currency, precious minerals and like commodities, and quoted/ unquoted securities.
- Monitoring of incoming funds and expenditure of charities and aid organizations.
- Monitoring individuals and financial establishments while in the process of investigating monetary and fiscal instruments movements, and incoming and outgoing capital to and from Dubai.
• Establish binding rules and regulate procedures that prohibits dealings with terrorist groups and individuals.
• Recommend and revise regulating legislations on Dubai’s financial and economic affaires according to feedback from the ESCD preventive role.